In this video I show how you can knit color patterns, like Fair Isle, but without the loops or floats at the back of the work. This has a couple of advantages, like more pattern possibilities, and I explain this all in this video. I show you the technique how to weave in the yarn that you don’t use for making a stitch while knitting with the other color. The technique is also known as ‘Locked Floats’.
The patterns that I show are not yet available at the moment of releasing this video (6 april 2022), but they will be in a couple of weeks.
The link to the video (or see on this page below): https://youtu.be/D53J9sMC1Qg
The links to the videos with the techniques I used (Dutch spoken but with English subtitles):
- Provisional Cast On with yarn: https://youtu.be/HyNIhtZgaCU
- Knit stitch (English method): https://youtu.be/TuHGFNOOzV8
- Knit stitch (Continental): https://youtu.be/w1zDJJL920o
- Purl stitch (English method): https://youtu.be/Q7-4a7iHE2w
- Purl stitch (Continental): https://youtu.be/9MMhX9UWJ0I